Roatan is an extremely well connected island among the Bay Islands of Honduras. The airport on Roatan, the Juan Manuel Galvez International Airport (code RTB), receives flights throughout the year from both domestic and international airlines. There are also daily ferryis from the mainland of Honduras and cruise ship arrivals.
Flights to Roatan from US
- Miami to Roatan with American Airlines.
- Miami to San Pedro Sula (SPS) with Spirit Airlines.
- New Orleans to San Pedro Sula (SPS) with Choice Airlines.
- Dallas to Roatan with American Airlines.
- Atlanta to Roatan with Delta Airlines.
- Houston to Roatan with United Airlines.
Flights to Roatan from Canada
- Toronto and Montreal to Roatan with SunWing.
- Toronto and Montreal to Roatan with Transat.
Flights to Roatan from Europe
- Madrid to San Pedro Sula (SPS) with Air Europa. From there several airlines have connecting flights to Roatan. See: Honduras gets a direct flight from Europe, Spain
- Milan to Roatan (Charter flight currently not running).
Flights to Roatan from Mexico, Belize, Panama and El Salvador
- Mexico City to San Pedro Sula (SPS) with AeroMexico.
- Panama City to San Pedro Sula (SPS) with Copa Airlines.
- San Salvador San Pedro Sula (SPS) with Avianca.
- Belize to San Pedro Sula (SPS) with Tropic Air
- Belize to Roatan with Tropic Air
*Some of the flights may only operate in high season.
For flight arrival details, have a look at the flights going on and out of the airports of San Pedro Sula, Ramon Villeda Morales (SPS) and Roatan Juan Manuel Galvez (RTB).
Domestic flights to Roatan from other cities in Honduras
Best connections with international flights are via San Pedro Sula. Other option is the capital of Honduras, Tegucigalpa in addition to Copan, and La Ceiba. The domestic airlines are Isleña, Lanhsa, CM Airlines, and SOSA.
Cruise Ships Coming to Roatan
Mahogany Bay and the Port or Rotan located in Coxen Hole receive a large amount of cruise chips annualy.
Ferry Ceiba Roatan
The Galaxy Wave Ferry operates between the mainland in Ceiba and Roatan. The ferry has two daily departures. One in the morning and the second in the afternoon. You can find the Roatan Ceiba ferry schedule here.